It’s been a hectic, yet amazing year. For once, I kept a new year resolution! I successfully have not ate any McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy’s…whatever, for 365 days! (I’m already counting tomorrow haha) Didn’t matter how many coupons came in the mail - I ignored them all . I think I’ll keep at this for 2012, however I’m still pondering on a new resolution for 2012.
But, enough about the future, let’s focus on the present - and yes the past. My boss sent out an email of some questions we should sit and ask ourselves as we reflect on a year passing. (I’ll post them at the end of this post if anyone wants to go through it themselves). This got me thinking quite a bit and I didn’t realize all the things I have accomplished until I started compiling my own list of some of the highlights of 2011 for me. I think this past year was definitely filled with luck for me. Just to narrow it a down a bit:
Three greatest moments of 2011:
1) Getting a PR summer internship with some of the greatest people who have taught me so much. Also, turning that internship into a part time job during school and getting offered a full time position after school is a triple plus.
2) Front row at Britney Spears Femme Fatale concert, autographed tour book and dancing on stage with her in front of 5306767934 people! Plus, meeting and getting a photo with her fiance.
3) Finally figured out what I wanted to do with my life/career. Digital/social media - know of any opportunities, let me know
Three goals for 2012:
1) Graduate debt free and with honours.
2) Land an amazing full-time job in the field I want, and be successful in it. At this point, I’m not picky at where the job is and the salary - I just really want something I’ll enjoy doing and be proud of.
3) TRAVEL! I have to stop putting this off. Especially if I achieve my first goal, I’m definitely at least going to NYC. I think I deserve to live a life like a Mad Men character for at least a weekend….
And here are some questions to help you get started on your own list:
THE YEAR PAST:
1) What went well?
2) In what ways did you grow and evolve in the ‘evolution of you’?
3) What were some key lessons for you personally in 2011?
4) What do you need to clean-out or let go of right now to be ready to start fresh in 2012?
5) What personal accomplishments are you most proud of from the past year?
6) If there was a theme for 2011 for you personally, what would it be? i.e. “This was the year of ____.”
THE YEAR AHEAD:
7) What do you want for yourself in the year ahead and in what ways can you take responsibility for making that happen?
8 ) What strengths (name at least 3) will you deliberately use more of in the year ahead to realize your goals?
9) In what ways will you take care of yourself to maintain your “Mojo” - resilience, energy, inspiration and sense of wellbeing?
10) What are your learning goals this year? If you had a ‘learning agenda’ what might be on that list?
11) In what ways will you contribute something to the ‘greater good’ of _____ (choose a community or communities of choice)?
12) If the year ahead is to have a personal theme for you, what would that be? i.e. “This will be the year of ____”
Enjoy the last Friday of 2011! I wonder what Rebecca Black will be doing today……
- Lu Ann
You may have noticed our ads already on Facebook, around the school and Mocomotion - but have you’ve been by the tree yet? The tree is set up across from the Arnie under the stairs. Under that tree are several boxes for you to place any hats, mittens, or scarves you may have lying around or want to purchase to help out (the dollar store is great for that!), and if you want to get creative - maybe you can knit something fancy?
Last week the drive began and the donations are already starting to come in. It’s been successful thus far and we would love to have that continue. Please keep the donations coming this week and spread the news around! Remember, every little bit helps and it would be great to help keep some people in our area warm for the winter season this year.
If you’d like more information, you can join our Facebook page for the drive here and also participate by using one of our photos for your profile pictures to help spread the word even more.
- Lu Ann